One private estate; three private homes.
“It’s easy to face life with care, courage and love when you have a home filled with all three.”― Anonymous
Villa Koukouvayia’s three private homes form the heart of her hospitality and flexibility. For individual families, couples and friends seeking a simple vacation rental, each home’s air-conditioned bedrooms, separated entrances, private parking, gardens and spaces create a comfortable quiet residence isolated from the estate’s other homes. For larger groups wanting a larger venue to host a multi-family reunion, a destination wedding, or an activity-focused retreat, the homes will serve an ideal balance between privacy and community, sharing the estate comfortably and casually, and creating—together—a social center for celebration, conversation, care and camaraderie.
The farm’s Guest House, the oldest of the three homes, sleeps 4 adults (or a family of 5 with children who are under 12.) The Guest House was built in 2012, set back at the highest and farthest position from the farm’s entrance, and faces northwest where Gramvousa’s mountains slope into the sea.
The Main House typically sleeps 5 adults, with the space to host an extra adult in any one of several rooms. Completed in 2017, the Main House is set further down the property’s slope from the Guest House, and by facing northeast and pivoting slightly offline from her smaller sister, both houses have unobstructed views of the Gulf of Kissamos and the dramatic Aegean mountains that form the bay.
The villa’s Garden Suite, her third residence, was finished in 2022, and is now undergoing a final fitting-out for 2023 service. Of all Villa Koukouvayia’s homes, the Garden Suite has the greatest flexibility and capacity. Her three bedrooms can be configured from queen-bed apartments to singles sleeping up to 11 adults. And with a large living area easily converting to a semi-private bedroom via a hidden cabinet bed, two additional family members, friends or (if lodging a program) staff can increase occupancy to 13. Resting beneath the Main House, the Garden Suite trades the sea-views of her two sister-homes for her ability—using a series of large windows, skylights and double French doors—to let guests step directly into her private yard & garden, and directly experience the Cretan embrace of our surrounding olive groves.
Use the occupancy table and notes below to see whether the Main House (MH), Garden Suite (GS), Guest House (GH), some combination, or the entire estate (VKF) will provide the best venue for your group’s stay.
Villa Koukouvayia Farms
(No extra beds or bedding needed)
Occupancy Included in Standard Rate:
(Using supplemental beds/bedding):
Maximum Extra Occupants Allowed at €10/Night:
(Click on table to zoom in)
Main House Occupancy Notes:
- The Main House can accommodate up to 2 extra people (1 without charge) using the two bedrooms where an extra bed can be easily added, or the long living room sofa as a nightly bed.
- While there are unique circumstances we might discuss (e.g., an extra small child sleeping in a parent’s room, a family member showing up for only one vacation night), for your and the house’s comfort, we rarely recommend lodging more than 7 people in the Main House.
Guest House Occupancy Notes:
- For your comfort and the house’s, we don’t recommend exceeding the Guest House’s maximum capacity of 4, except when 3 guests are children under 12. This configuration is easily achieved by adding a portable bed into the 2nd bedroom. It is free of charge, and guests have found this a comfortable alternative to renting a larger home.
Garden Suite Occupancy Notes:
- Because Garden Suite bedrooms can be comfortably configured to handle groups from 3 to 11, “typical” occupancies are often fewer than the “standard” occupancy listed above. But to decide how your specific group can take advantage of the Garden Suite’s flexibility, simply remember that:
- 2 bedrooms can sleep up to 4 adults in single beds or host two people (or a single person) in a queen bed.
- 1 bedroom can sleep up to 3 adults in single beds or host two people (or a single person) in a queen bed.
- Additionally, the Garden Suite can host 2 extra adults using the living room’s comfortable cabinet bed.