Bring close those you hold dear, to a place that will inspire an historic time together.
Combining intimate indoor facilities with outdoor spaces that overlook the Aegean Sea, Tyflos Valley, Crete’s southern mountains, and a green embrace of agricultural groves, the campus can platform a variety of exciting activities, both onsite and nearby. Modern facilities and WiFi access points serving the entire estate at highest available speeds and bandwidths are integrated into the estate’s traditional architecture and ambience. Most importantly, the estate accomplishes all this while lodging your friends and loved ones together amid informal luxury.
Areas for gatherings, social events, and formally catered or informal dining include:
- 90m2 of shaded verandas
- 100m2 of open terraces & patios
- 90m2 of elevated terraces.
- 27m2 roof garden with bar facilities.
- Two larger lawn & garden areas of 90m2 & 325m2 for lawn games and other activities.
- Two intimate lawn & garden areas of 49m2 & 85m2 for private gatherings and individual reflection.
- A dedicated platform of 77m2 set among the ancient trees of adjacent olive groves for yoga practice or group activities.
Areas, equipment and opportunities to host activities include:
- Pool & Patio for sunning & relaxing among smaller groups, and for active play among the younger members (of all ages 😊.)
- A 36 m2 multi-purpose game room for personal exercise or social gathering around table-tennis and other games.
- Equipment for croquet, badminton and other lawn games; interior board games, bicycles, snorkeling, beach & picnic gear, kayaks and even a small racing dinghy for experienced sailors.
- Additionally, Villa Koukouvayia’s gates open onto a network of safe walking-trails that traverse the acres of olive groves and hills surrounding the estate and offer valuable opportunities for individuals or small groups to retreat from the larger group, reflect, and return to the celebrations recharged.
Bedrooms & Baths:
- Eight formal bedrooms provide accommodation levels to match a variety of guests. Three rooms have king or queen bedding. Two rooms have multiple chambers. Two rooms have single or multiple single beds—all adult sized and engineered. And an additional three rooms have integrated cabinet beds that allow customized configuration as queen-beds hosting couples or as single-beds hosting up to four individuals—perfect for lodging a family’s younger generation of cousins. All rooms have air-conditioning and full climate control. Total sleeping capacity with all rooms fully utilized is 20. Additionally, one semi-private room boasts an additional cabinet bed easily deployed to host extra family members, increasing accommodations to 22. And finally, there’s space in three of the bedrooms to add portable beds that sleep young children, increasing capacity to 25 without any loss of adult beds.
- Seven bathrooms ensure even well attended reunions offer attendees comfort and care. Five baths are dedicated to bedroom areas, with one bath en suite. Three baths are sited to serve living areas, and three baths (one in each of the Villa’s three lodging residences) have integrated laundries—one large enough to serve the entire villa, so hosts and family leaders can conveniently address clothing needs during even the longest reunions; or can hire-out such service to remove that burden entirely.
Dining Areas & Kitchens:
- All three of the villa’s residential homes have fully equipped kitchens—two with the preparation space, pantries, and equipment suitable for communal meal provision, either self-prepared or catered. Two large outdoor grills service the terrace & pool areas and allow for evening BBQs. Additionally, all kitchens are open and home-styled, comfortably accessed during off-hours for private beverage & snack prep by individual attendees.
- Three interior and three exterior dining areas provide seating from 4 to 24 and allow siting meals outdoors in sun or shade, or indoors during Crete’s cooler months. A fully accessible roof terrace with wet-bar and spectacular views can further extend social, cocktail, and light-dining options during special events or evenings.
Other Areas, Spaces & Features:
- Three dedicated office areas are available, two within bedrooms and generally accessible. A third fully private office with networked computer docking, printer, monitor and other peripherals will ease the burden of those who must retain some connection with professional responsibilities, and of hosts who must manage guest arrivals and departures.
- Recreational gear including bicycles, kayaks, lawn games, interior board games, hiking, snorkeling & beach gear, a professional table-tennis space —all allow off-hours play & extracurricular activities, either informal or planned, among program participants.
- Additionally, Villa Koukouvayia’s gates open onto a network of safe walking-trails that traverse the acres of olive groves and hills surrounding the estate, offering valuable opportunities for individuals, families, or small groups to retreat from the larger group, reflect, and return recharged.
Ready to inquire about hosting your special gathering at Villa Koukouvayia? Click here for basic rates, availability, and then to connect with us & share your plans so we can explore the opportunity together.