Celebrate life’s beautiful moments simply, in a simply beautiful place.
“Celebrations break us away from the mundane.”
― Jessica Marie Baumgartner
Combining intimate indoor facilities with outdoor spaces that overlook the Aegean Sea, Tyflos Valley, Crete’s southern mountains, and a green embrace of agricultural groves, the Villa Koukouvayia can platform catered outdoor dining and ceremonies that range from simple to sacred. Modern facilities and WiFi access points serving the entire estate are integrated into the estate’s traditional architecture and ambience. Most importantly, the estate accomplishes all this while lodging celebrants onsite amid informal luxury.
Areas for gatherings, social events, and formally catered or informal dining include:
- 90m2 of shaded verandas
- 100m2 of open terraces & patios
- 90m2 of elevated terraces.
- 27m2 roof garden with bar facilities.
Areas for formal ceremonies include:
- Two larger lawn & garden areas of 90m2 & 325m2 with natural presentation slopes for audiences of 25 & 90.
- Two intimate lawn & garden areas of 49m2 & 85m2 (one with elevated stage) for audiences of 15 & 20.
- A dedicated platform of 77m2 set among the ancient trees of adjacent olive groves for an audience of 20 (with extra seating capacity available off-platform in the grove.)
And during the days prior to (and after) the ceremony, the villa has the equipment and opportunities to host activities that foster new friendships and further older ones.
- Pool & Patio for sunning & relaxing among smaller groups, and for active play among the younger members (of all ages 😊.)
- A 36 m2 multi-purpose game room for personal exercise or social gathering around table-tennis and other games.
- Equipment for croquet, badminton and other lawn games; interior board games, bicycles, snorkeling, beach & picnic gear, kayaks and even a small racing dinghy for experienced sailors.
- Additionally, Villa Koukouvayia’s gates open onto a network of safe walking-trails that traverse the acres of olive groves and hills surrounding the estate and offer valuable opportunities for individuals or small groups to retreat from the larger group and return to the celebrations recharged.
Bedrooms & Baths:
- Eight formal bedrooms provide accommodation levels to match a variety of celebrant roles. Three rooms have king or queen bedding. Two rooms have multiple chambers. Two rooms have single or multiple single beds—all adult sized and engineered. And an additional three rooms have integrated cabinet beds that allow customized configuration as queen-beds hosting couples, single-beds hosting up to four individuals, or bed-free areas for special celebration preparations. All rooms have air-conditioning and full climate control. Total sleeping capacity with all rooms fully utilized is 20. Additionally, one semi-private room boasts an additional cabinet bed easily deployed to host extra family members, increasing accommodations to 22. And finally, families or other groups bringing small children can increase hosting without any loss of adult beds up to 25.
- Seven bathrooms ensure even well attended celebrations offer attendees comfort and care. Five baths are dedicated to bedroom areas, with one bath en suite. Three baths are sited to serve living areas, and three baths (one in each of the Villa’s three lodging residences) have integrated laundries so attendees can easily address clothing needs during longer celebration stays, and so hosts can choose to provide bedding and/or towel services if desired.
Special Wedding-Party Considerations:
- Three rooms have integrated cabinet beds that can quickly convert from lodging chambers into bed-free areas to provide space for special celebration preparations.
- The Koukouvayia Suite is an isolated and luxurious en suite bedroom that can serve as a bridal preparation chamber prior to the wedding. And if groom and bride want to remain after the ceremony to celebrate more fully with friends and family, the Koukouvayia Suite can serve as a beautiful bridal suite, allowing a more relaxed honeymoon departure the following day.
- The Garden Suite, an entire residence on the estate, can be easily configured to host groomsmen and/or bridesmaids separately from main party.
Dining Areas & Kitchens:
- All three of the villa’s residential homes have fully equipped kitchens—two with the preparation space, pantries, and equipment suitable for communal meal provision, either self-prepared or catered. Two large outdoor grills service the terrace & pool areas and allow for evening BBQs. Additionally, all kitchens are open and home-styled, comfortably accessed during off-hours for private beverage & snack prep by individual attendees.
- Three interior and three exterior dining areas provide seating from 4 to 24 and allow siting meals outdoors in sun or shade, or indoors during Crete’s cooler months. A fully accessible roof terrace with wet-bar and spectacular views can further extend social, cocktail, and light-dining options during special events or evenings.
Other Areas, Spaces & Features:
- Three dedicated office areas are available, two within bedrooms and accessible for general attendees. A third fully private office with networked computer docking, printer, monitor and other peripherals will allow hosts to connect with and manage guest arrivals and departures, continue and/or adjust celebration preparations, and stay connected to outside resources & organizations.
- Recreational gear including bicycles, kayaks, lawn games, interior board games, hiking, snorkeling & beach gear, a professional table-tennis space —all allow off-hours play & extracurricular activities, either informal or planned, among celebrants.
- Additionally, Villa Koukouvayia’s gates open onto a network of safe walking-trails that traverse the acres of olive groves and hills surrounding the estate, offering valuable opportunities for individuals or small groups to retreat, reflect, and return to the larger group and celebrations recharged.